Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I've been very neglectful of my blog - all of a sudden it's January 1, 2008 and I haven't posted in over a week.



I guess that could be one of my New Year's Resolutions but then again aren't they for breaking?? Ah well - I'm going to allow myself the luxury of not beating myself to death over this. I have two thousand other things to do that over - much much more meaningful than a blog!



So I have so much to talk about - I think i'll just start ....



Secret Santa - well I had a great time - had a few drinks - had lots of laughs....oh had a few more drinks - (sorry if I offended anyone). I loved everything thing my Secret Santa Lesley chose for me - everything was perfect! (I did have to exchange the stamps as I did have that one - but I did that and now have the swirls!!) I must have a quite a reputation - Lesley bought me the Undomesticated Goddess by Sophie Kinsella and Wes confessed the next day that they had also bought that for me for Christmas - (yes the 23rd of December and my dh went to town and bought a different one).

I just love my Snowman kit too - we haven't tried it out yet as Kailie was sick over the holidays - hopefully in the next couple of days.

I have already done a layout with my template flowery - doodly- thing! thank you so much again Lesley!!

And so the Secret Santa party started off my EATING/DRINKING free for all...OMG!

<>



Christmas Eve Eve - Sunday dawned bright and early (read I was moving slowly - went to the shower at 645 - still drunk I think and then right back to bed....hmmm wonder why?)

We went to get our groceries - YES I KNOW - Christmas eve eve! Oh well - it makes a HUGE difference if you DECIDE that you made a concious decision to be in the stores on this date and that you LOVE LOVE LOVE the hustle and bustle of the crowds. (hustle and bustle read: ramming and scowling). We didn't buy any frozen items and rushed up to the Jubilee Restaurant where we met Wes dad/step mom and their friends - you see Wes LOVES the Jubiless and since Sept I have not gone with him (yeah he's gone - just not with me). so I told him for his Birthday I would go. I have to say I was pretty good - for a buffet and for me!! After dinner we rushed to my mom and dad's house where some of my family were having what mom calls brunch (but that is in the afternoon!) There were around 30 or so of us there and so it was fun and hectic and whirl-winding....just when I was settling in - Wes reminded me that I was goign to BINGO! and the groceries were in the van.



Bingo --- well was Bingo - a fantastic idea to begin with and then by the last game I wish to god it would be over and then the very next day I wanna go back again....ah well - for me that's Bingo!





Christmas Eve - We spent a very very quiet Christmas Eve--Wes worked - I wrapped - Wes shopped - We had cake for Wes Birthday - poor Wes he always gets shafted!! The four of us having some food and Wes' mom came over for a couple of hours to visit - my Brother came by to pick up a TV entertainment centre Wes had built (this pic is in his garage - it's for a big screen tv - and is in three pieces...this pic doesn't do it justice for sure! - it's massive and beautiful!)

ok this is a reminder to all of you parents out there of little ones - keep your eyes on them - treasure every single second of whatever it is- remember Kailie was sick - (and Kailie keeps us going on this stuff) - we didnt' put out cookies for Santa - we didn't even sprinkle reindeer food - the girls haven't mentionned the reindeer food - Kailie reminded me of the cookies - "So Mom - I didn't see any cookies out there for Santa...." UMM GULP - Christmas was no different from any other aspect of my life-- dropping things and having regrets about what I didn't do. I honest to goodness forgot completely - how coudl I??? i'll live with the mommy-guilt forever....I guess I figured if I wasn't eatign cookies ain't no one eating cookies....oh but right...I gave myself a christmas reprieve. I guess I blew the MOTY (Mother of the year award) there...damn and I was so close...hahahaha.



Christmas Day- so I think that my whole view point was skewed this year - my girls decided it would be nice to open our presents later (they mentionned 5pm)- but my mom and dad have come to our house for breakfast for the past 12 years (as long as we have lived here and before that we lived with them...) so I decide/ask them (the girls) what they think of going to Nan's for breakfast (we made it - I mean come on now).they think that's a great idea - mom and dad are fine with it too....you can't just break a tradition....it doesn't work that way...dont' get me wrong - it worked out fine - we went there - ate, opened their presents and then they came to our house - opened our gifts and they went home....but it wasn't "right" (coulda been the freaking 'not leaving cookies for santa' too).

Anyhow my sister shows up to visit and then brings her husband for Christmas dinner....one of my brothers was suppose to be at my moms so we go out there - he's gone - so we decide to go back home....we spend a quiet evenign at home....



Boxing Day - brought a few more visitors - not as many as you woudl think coming from my family but then again we didn't go anywhere either....it was nice to just mosey around the house doing not much of anything - eating and eating and eating....



WEIGH DAY - AHHH the day of reckoning - so all of the above amounted to 4 pounds on the scale (i didn't really mention the quart of rye, bailey's caramel irish cream and the other foods I ate without a care for the past 4 days -) I just couldn't deprive myself!

My goal was to get back on track that day - yeah so I decided that I would wait until the new year...i mean come on - what's one week......



Weigh day was also the day we went shopping - I mean come on - we *needed* all those sale Items!!



So during my weightloss i haven't bought any pants/jeans but after the SS party and someone who shall remain nameless (Amy) told me my 'sexy tight jeans' were NOT sexy tight jeans - not to mention the two clothes items i received for Christmas that fit and were a size that I didn't think would fit....I figured I should bite the bullet and try something on....



I was like a fish swimming for the hook and nibbling...couldn't quite bite it.....you see my big dilemna - I really really would like the luxury of shopping in one of the places in the mall - you know the ones -Smart Set, Fairweather....anywhere I just didn't want to be limited to the plus size stores for ever and ever - I'll take the top sizes...just want to go in and choose something....

OK sorry rambling....so I go into Walmart (and I've done this before)...grab a pair of size 16 pants.....go and try them on......ok wait for it.....they fit...now they dont' fit like OH MY GOD it's a glove (but then if you saw my clothes you would know that NONE of my clothes fit tha tway)....so I take them off and smile a bit...just a bit...cause you know what that means?? only a few more pounds right?? right.... I didn't buy them...I didn't like them that well...but at least at that point I had a starting point....



So that night Wes wants to go shopping.....I say reluctantly that I will go with him....so we go to the regent mall...and yes I'm an old lady but I have loved Northern Reflections for a very very long time....but couldn't shop there.......so I go in...and there are these cords.....they're black....

no wait...there are TWO pairs of pants.... one is size 18 and one is size 16....they are on sale...and this my friends would be a true aptitude if I was really really almost there....cause THIS is one of *those* stores.....if I do *THIS* then I can do *ANYTHING*....oh sorry ...got off on a tangent...



so I go in with both pairs.....I hem and haw....which to try on first....if I try the 16 and they are too tight then i'm not trying the 18 (cause I would go on a tangent here about the F*ing pants etc)....if I try the 18 and they are snug well same thing....so I really have to ask myself why I even bothered taking both pairs in but oh well....just wait you will see why....



I decide to go for it and start with the 18's....I pull those babies up....and VOILA...they come up - but are loose....not too too loose...but loose......so i take them down - i'm hurrying now...cause I can taste victory...I can not only smell it folks...I can taste it.......I whip off those 18s, and put my first then second foot in the 16s.....and I start pulling them up....and they are coming up....and they are zipping up....and they are buttoning up and....I COULD BUY THEM they fit...THEY FIT! THEY FIT....no camel toe or anything...they freakin' fit!!!!



I rip those pants off and get back in my clothes....rush out to the girl at the counter...tell her I'll take teh 16s cause ummm well the 18s are 'JUST TOO BIG'.....



anyhow i'm on some sort of high now...and keep on shopping with wes....god men can be like women when it comes to shopping....ugh.....



On Friday I get a few calls from work...not going to talk about it here.......anyhow I go to drop pics off at WalMart and discover all of teh work I have done to go through my 12 CD's and choose by name the pics I want is dashed as you can't see the name of the pic on their kodak machines....never fret their other older machine which works very very slowly will do...wes gets very impatient very qucikly so I decide to take his advise - go home copy all the pics I watn to one cd and then just take taht one cd to walmart to be developed...UM OK ....(why didn't I htink of that??)



So we wake on Saturday morning and it's snowing...we are of the mindset that if it's snowing we should stay home unless we need to go to work or something important like that....well not today...wes must have something in him....he asks me if i want to go for Breakfast....well YEAH...I haven't stopped eating yet...LOL...so we go for Breakfast...and then off to Walmart to get the rest of the pics developed ....when I get there teh girl says 1 hour ?? I'm like looking at him (wes) with my puppy dog eyes...and he's like...No dear - just come back tomorrow...it's snowing...etc etc....so the girl is like...you know ...they will be done in like 15 mins...we're not busy at all.....well I take that challenge (keep wes in the mall/walmart for 15 mins) and we're off....
we come back I get my pics.....i think i developed 467 or soemthing like that.....there were alot!!! I couldnt' resist the deal...

OK so there is a point and this is it....Wes got a GC from Marks' Work Wearhouse....and so we go together.....i go in...i'm helping him...and when it occurs to me that every thing I pick up and say I like he crumples his nose to....well fine...I'll go to the ladies side.....You know it's coming don't you???? So I go over and there are these t-shirts for 4.98...they are kinda cute - (Please note they do have plus sizes in MWW - I dont' think I knew that before??) anyhow....these t-shirts .... 4.98 - I pick up the XL one and take al ook....well I say you know what? by Feb (Cuba ladies) I'll fit into that....Sure I'm goign to get it.....



Then there are these cords - (yeah I know cords again...) and well there is a 16 and an 18---I decide to risk it....I'm goign to throw caution to the wind.....and ONLY take the 16 to the fitting room....so Ladies...I take the XL smallish looking shirt and the size 16 pants to the little fitting room...I mean this could ruin my whole day if it goes badly......I decide I'll do the pants first...then if they dont fit I wont go any further - I'll buy the t-shirt and try it at home....OK so I very carefully place one foot and then two feet into the pants.....and pull....ummm...they pull up....ummm they FIT....NO THEY FREAKING FIT........fit fit fit....FIT FIT FIT.....so I go for it.....rip my shirt over my head and try that t-shirt on....it FITS IT FITS...AND now ladies...I'm not proud of this but I do what any crazy overweight most of her life would do...I cried...

don't worry it was not the 'scary- nasty face cry - just a few gentle tears - enough for big guy (Wes) to say - What's wrong?? they didnt' fit?? UM no - dughhh of course they fit....Ahhh accomplishment....



so the rest of the weekend goes pretty uneventful - I did take a quick drive to Calais - Wes' idea - to go for a little drive......(he is avoid finishing the bathroom)...I went back to work on Monday.....and worked until midnight - no...sorry it wasn't midnight ...it was 5 minutes to midnight....guess what my New Years Resolution is?? OH sorry another I can't mention here...LOL



So today I get to work again....soon I will be dug out of this mess.....I do have a goal - Feb 7 that is my goal - I'm going on vacation that day and on that day I will be caught up at work.....there I put it in writing....ugh....well sorry for the long long rant...I gotta get to work...hey I should have something to eat...I have today only...then back at it...



Any bets on how much I've gained *this week*????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Losing weight ......... fitting sizes you haven't fit into for ages ........ it's such an amazing feeling! Way to GOOOOO!!!!!

Queen Mel said...

Way To Go Girl! I'm not about to guess what you lost or didn't, all that matters is whatever your doing IS working and your doing great at it!!!

Calais....are you trying to make me cry, we go to the USA every year between Christmas and New Years and didn't make it this year, that snow cramped my style....LOL

Buy jeans in the USA Wal-Mart like I told you, they fit much, much, much better - trust me and much cheaper.

gypsybug said...

whooo....a huge congrats on your jeans...I will be watching your ass Sue and once they get too baggy (and I know they I will) I will make sure to point it out again! LOL :o)

Christmas traditions for me changed about 3 years ago. Now my family comes to me, and I love it! Christmas Eve I make a seafood chowder, egg benny christmas morning, AND THE big traditional meal Christmas day. I love having everyone at my house AND I prefer nobody helps me cook the meal. FOR Now! maybe in a couple years I will want help. I must say my FIL is starting to love my meal better that my MILs. Even my MIL says I cook it better than her! that is a huge thing for her to say!!! makes me proud to serve them!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK!! Sue, that is awesome. Sounds like you had a great Christmas though...Mommies are allowed to mess up it makes for great stories when our kids get older.
Just think back to last year you were getting ready to leave for the Phillipines on your great adventure!
You will be a knock out on that beach :)

Kimmartha said...

yay you!!! You should be so proud of yourself - you have worked so hard, been so dedicated and done so well! What a great feeling when a size you thought was too small is actually too big - keep up the great work!!