Thursday, January 07, 2010

OMG ... has this happened to you??

So I've been terrible about making supper - I just havent been making it or we've been eating late in the day etc....So on Wednesday (day) I decide i'm going to try to do some prep work for supper on Wednesday night.....

I decide that I'm going to make meatballs and rice....sweet and sour meatballs and rice....I go upstairs...take out the burger and thaw it .... I take the recipe book down that holds the recipe - open to the recipe and place it on the counter (hint to whomever is home first that i'm mkaing supper)...
I think about in my head what ingredients i need - remember i have pineapple but dont have a green pepper - think i should call Wes to get a Green pepper - then think --- nahhh a pain in the butt...I'll make a different recipe (when I'm done work of course)....

Anyhow i ask kailie to make the rice (as its that long grain stuff that takes an hour to make - ran out of uncle ben's or whatever it's called )....

so I'm working away.....and i hear Wes come home.....he comes down to my office....with this really 'weird' look on his face......i was on a call so couldnt talk then....I get off the call go upstairs....he's standing at the counter.....

with a package of ground beef - about the same size as the ground beef that I had thawed.....a can of pineapple.....a green pepper....and a box of minute rice........

He had decided to stop at Norms on the way home and pick up something to make for supper.....and decided he would make Sweet and Sour Meatballs and rice!!!!

isnt that the strangest thing??? We do that all the time...not quite THIS freaky - never that freaky actually...... we hadn't discussed meatballs....or havent had them lately...we have had ideas for supper before that were the same or similar - but usually if we had discussed it in the grocery store etc........... I guess there is a higher power out there

No comments: